Randyhorn's Blog
Just another WordPress.com site

Aug
19

In this project I decided to use my own car instead of a stock image. After using a stock image of a gunman, I decided that it’d look better if I inserted myseff as the gunman. After all, it’s my can, why not be the gunman too!  Putting everything at the right angle was a bit difficult at first, but after some practice it became a lot easier. There were a lot of blur filters used here(obviously) and I feel quite comfortable adding their use to my repertoire. The whole project took about 5 hours to complete, but I had to play around with it a lot until I found just the right balance of layer adjustments.

Advertisements
Aug
12

My latest creation. Again, this was a exercise where I had to recreate the provided image. This project dealt with many little filter and layer adjustments. I had to do this one, and if you know me, you know why. I had a lot of fun putting this together and had little frustrating moment. If something didn’t look the way I wanted it to by following the exercise, I simply found another way to achieve the same result… wow, I love Photoshop!

Jul
27

In this exercise, I used layers and filters to give the work texture and a little design. It came out just how I wanted it to. I had a few frustration moments, but with Photoshop I found a different way to achieve my desired effect.

Jul
21

I designed this home page a few months ago, thought I’d post it before I lost it 🙂

Jul
21

I was up all night working on this one. I learned some great techniques by experimenting with filters and levels. Aside from the field image, the entire explosion and effects were created from scratch in Photoshop. I really like this one, but this was my first attempt at doing something like this. The next one will be much better. I learned a lot with this project.

Jul
21

It’s the start of a new session and I’m really excited to get back to work in Photoshop. Here is what I’ve done in the past two weeks.

For this project I took parts from a host image that looked like a table with junk on it at a garage sale. This point was to take parts of the host image and create a camera spy fly. This was fun and a bit challenging. Overall, I’m pleased with the final results. Next to the Fly  is the host image.

I used a skull for the template and repeated the word “Sancho” to create this word image. Very time consuming.

Thats it for the first week of actual work.

Jun
12

For this poster, I took different screen shots and then used the opaque tool to make certain images transparent. I also used the erase tool set on airbrush to soften the edges of the different pictures to help blend the images together.

Jun
08

I took head shots and put them on bodies that we found on the web. These are going to eventually be animated to walk around the building I did earlier.


Jun
08

For this comp, I took the original picture supplied and traced the outline. Next, I added layer after layer to recreate the floors in a different style. After that, I found a background picture to finish this initial building image. I used a filter to give the background a drawn look to it because the image I found was a live shot picture and it didn’t fit with the building.

May
17

To create this poster I first gathered stock images of grasslands, plains, trees, castles, and characters. I was able to use both real pictures and drawn images together in this composition. The grassland is an actual picture and so is one of the trees. I started with the background and then added the trees. Next, I selected the castle. I used Howl’s moving Castle from one of my favorite movies. After that, I inserted the picnic characters. This was difficult because they were originally on a blue background and I had to carefully erase the blue outline around them. But I must say, I’m quite pleased with the final take. The extra time was well worth it.